Request information under Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations gives a general right of access to all official information held by public authorities.  We must inform you if the information is held and provide you with that information unless an exemption or exception applies.

Environmental information is any information which relates to the environment e.g. air, water, emissions, noise, waste, landscape, etc

See Probation's Freedom of Information Policy.

Sometimes there will be reasons why we may not provide some or all of the information requested, such as exemptions in law. For more information on this please read the Information Commissioner’s Office “When can we refuse a request for information?”

If the information is not available on the website or if the information is on the website but you need it in a different format or language, you will need to make a written request to Probation. There may be a charge for this.


To make a request under FOI you can either:

Communications Unit (Compliance Section)
80/90 North Street

Tel: 028 9052 2522


If you are not satisfied with how your request for information has been handled, you can make a complaint through the Complaints Procedure. If you are not happy with the outcome of our internal complaints procedure you can appeal against the decision to the Information Commissioner who will decide if your request has been handled properly.  For more details please go to the Information Commissioner’s website at