How Probation consults
Probation is committed to fulfilling its responsibilities under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In fulfilment of these obligations Probation openly consults its stakeholders and the general public on new and revised policies. To view current and archived consultations, please select an option from the menu on the left.
Step by step consultation process – how the consultation process works in PBNI
- A concise consultation document is drafted.
- This document is then sent to PBNI staff and external consultees (this list of consultees appears as appendix three in PBNI’s current Equality Scheme).
- The consultation document is publicised online and via social media.
- The consultation period is for 12 weeks. Once this consultation period is over the consultation is considered closed.
- All the responses are then collated and anonymised to create a summary document.
- This summary document of responses is then submitted to the Board along with the Policy for approval.
- Once the policy has been approved by the Board, a copy of the anonymised summary document is sent to respondents and published on the Board’s website.
- The approved policy is then also published on the Board’s website.
Probation Board for Northern Ireland Draft Corporate Plan 2023 -26
You are invited to submit your views on the Probation Board for Northern Ireland Draft Corporate Plan 2023 -26. The consultation closes on 10 November 2022.
Once the consultation period has closed the relevant documents will be placed into the Archive Consultations section. Final documents will also be added to the archive section once the consultation process has been fully completed.
If you have any queries about Probation's consultations or wish to request documents in alternative formats, please contact:
The Communications Unit
80-90 North Street
Read previous Probation consultations in Publications.
Probation's Responses to other Consultations