COMMUNITY SERVICE SUPERVISOR
Locations throughout Northern Ireland
Full time and Part time / Permanent and Temporary posts
Point 52 £22,482 to point 74 £27,923 [NNC for Probation Service Band 3] for full-time hours (pro-rata for part-time hours), subject to review.
A premium rate of 30% above the hourly rate applies from 7pm-8am Monday – Friday. A higher rate of 50% applies from 8am Saturday – 8am Monday and on Public Holidays 8am – 8pm.
Full-time 40 hours per week which includes payment of 30 minutes’ lunch break per day as CS workers are supervised over their lunch period. Part time working, where applicable, is on the basis of working full days. Saturday working is commonly part of the required work pattern but is subject to post requirement.
Applicants must by the closing date have:
- Strong communication skills, including examples of how these have been used to motivate others to complete tasks to an agreed standard.
- Experience of being able to deal appropriately with challenging behaviour/the ability to de-escalate a situation in the course of their work.
- The ability to effectively supervise others through coaching, mentoring, instruction and setting clear boundaries.
- The competence to carry out tasks to a high standard in at least two of the following: gardening, painting and decorating, grounds maintenance, building and carpentry.
- At least one year’s experience of using a vehicle in the course of their work.
- Awareness of good practice in relation to Health and Safety.
- A valid driving licence, which covers towing a trailer or agree to attain the necessary category to enable this and operation of the Graffiti Removal Service vehicle within the probationary period (training will be provided).
- Use of a car which can carry a minimum of four passengers and equipment safely.
- A car with a tow bar fitted, or be willing to have one fitted
*Please refer to explanatory note about criterion 5. in the information for applicants document
Applications are particularly welcomed from females as this group is currently under represented at this grade.
PBNI is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
- The successful candidate will be required to drive and operate PBNI’s Graffiti Removal Service vehicle and must be able to evidence at least one year’s experience of using a vehicle in the course of their work.
If a reserve list is established for the above posts this will be valid for a 12 month period.
Completed application forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to current restricted access to premises, applications will not be accepted by post, or hand delivery, to the Human Resources Department, PBNI Headquarters, 80-90 North Street, Belfast BT1 1LD. If this presents a problem for you, due to a disability related issue, please contact Human Resources at the e-mail address above.
Applications must be received no later than Noon on Thursday 28 January 2021.