Recruitment Policy and Procedures
Locations throughout Northern Ireland including prisons
Permanent / Temporary / Full Time / Part Time
Point 1 £22,519 to point max £23,955 [NICS for Administrative Officer Grade] for full-time hours (pro-rata for part-time hours), subject to review.
Salary on appointment will normally be to the minimum point of the scale.
Applicants must by the closing date have:
- Five GCSE/GCE passes (at A, B or C) / CSE Grade 1 passes one of which must be English (Language) or recognised equivalent* or higher qualification.
*Candidates must demonstrate the validity of equivalency e.g., reference to CCEA or UK NARIC correspondence etc.
- Two years comprehensive experience of using Microsoft Word gained within the last five years, working in an office environment.
- Comprehensive experience of using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
It is desirable that applicants possess:
- A recognised qualification in Microsoft Office applications e.g., ECDL; CLAIT
- One of the following qualifications:
- OCR Level 2 Certificate in Text Processing, in Typing or Word Processing; or
- RSA II Parts 1 & 2 Word Processing or Typing; or
- OCR Level 2 Award in Text Processing (Business Professional – must include Word Processing unit).
The Probation Board for Northern Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
A list will be established of suitable candidates for Administrative Officer posts throughout Northern Ireland. This will be valid for a 12 months’ period. This list will be used to fill Permanent, Temporary, Full Time and Part Time vacancies.
Additional information and application form may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently not accepting Application Forms via post.
Applications must arrive no later than by 12pm on Thursday 14th July 2022 by email to email@example.com
Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
We work in partnership with Premiere People NI to fulfil our temporary recruitment needs.
The agency we use is an Equal Opportunities employers.
We place a wide range of roles from administration staff to Probation Officers with this agency.
You can view a list of some of our current opportunities available through the agency below:
Did you know?
The Probation Board for Northern Ireland matches agency worker pay and holiday entitlements with permanent workers from Day 1 – many organisations don’t match these terms for the first 12 weeks of placement.