Justice Minister Naomi Long has announced the appointment of Neil Bodger as the new Deputy Chair of the Probation Board for Northern Ireland.
The Minister said: “I wish to thank Neil for taking on this role in support of the Chair and his colleagues in the Probation Board.”
Mr Bodger will serve as Deputy Chair until the term of the current Board ends on 28th February 2022.
Notes to Editors
- The Probation Board for Northern Ireland is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department of Justice (DOJ). Its statutory responsibilities are set out in the Probation Board (NI) Order 1982.
- The Board currently comprises a Chairperson and ten members.
- The Deputy Chair is appointed from within the Board members.
- The procedure for the appointment is compliant with the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland Code of Practice.
- The role of Deputy Chair does not attract any additional remuneration.
- A pen picture of Mr Bodger can be found on the Probation Board website at https://www.pbni.org.uk/about-us/board/board-structure/