PBNI is committed to fulfilling its responsibilities under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In fulfilment of these obligations PBNI openly consults its stakeholders and the general public on new and revised policies. To view current and archived consultations, please select an option from the menu on the left.
Step by step consultation process – how the consultation process works in PBNI
1. A concise consultation document is drafted.
2. This document is then sent to PBNI staff and external consultees (this list of consultees appears as appendix three in PBNI’s current Equality Scheme).
3. A notice regarding the consultation is also placed in several local newspapers (Irish News, Newsletter and the Belfast and North West editions of the Belfast Telegraph).
4. The consultation period is for 12 weeks. Once this consultation period is over the consultation is considered closed.
5. All the responses are then collated and anonymised to create a summary document.
6. This summary document of responses is then submitted to the Board along with the Policy for approval.
7. Once the policy has been approved by the Board, a copy of the anonymised summary document is sent to respondents and published on the Board’s website.
8. The approved policy is then also published on the Board’s website.