Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data), organisations and bodies are required to provide to those in respect of whom they process personal data, access to and information on the information that they hold.
To comply with this requirement, the Probation Board for Northern Ireland (PBNI) has devised a series of “Privacy Notices” that provide data subjects with the information as required by the Regulations. A number of Privacy Notices have been prepared with the potential for others to be considered and prepared.
Current Privacy Notices apply to:
- PBNI Board Members and Staff
- Those for whom Pre-Sentence Reports are being prepared for Courts
- Those subject to statutory supervision by PBNI
- Those being voluntarily supervised by PBNI
- Victims of crime who register with the Victim Information Scheme/s
- Volunteers who assist with the delivery of PBNI services
The Privacy Notices can be accessed via the following links:
- Privacy Notice – for those under PBNI supervision (PDF)
- Privacy Notice – for those having Pre-Sentence Reports (Magistrates Court Report or Crown Court Report) compiled (PDF)
- Privacy Notice – for PBNI staff and Board Members (PDF)
- Privacy Notice – for Victims of crime who are registered with the Victim Information Scheme/s (PDF)
- Privacy Notice – Voluntary Service Users (PDF)
Translated versions of Privacy Notices are also available here.