The main strands of our work are to:
- Assess convicted offenders and annually prepare over 10,000 reports for Courts, Parole Commissioners and others.
- Supervise over 4,400 offenders subject to a range of court orders and licences at any given time.
- Deliver behavioural change programmes for offenders in custody and in the community covering areas
such as violent offending, sexual offending and drug and alcohol misuse.
- Provide a Victim Information Scheme to any person who has been the direct victim of a criminal offence where the offender is subject to supervision by PBNI.
- Work alongside statutory and other partners to minimise the risk of harm posed by offenders.
For more information about what we do please select an item from the sub-menu on the left. We have also developed a video and a leaflet to help explain the work we do within the Courts, Prisons and the Community. The video contains interviews with PBNI staff, Judges, Community Partners, ex-offenders and can be viewed by selecting the play button below. The leaflet can be downloaded by clicking the image or link below the video.
Individual chapters of this video can be viewed in the Video Gallery section